Friday 7 January 2011

I got the message "Windows SharePoint Services Web Application Required on Farm, not running Upgrading", and here is the fix that worked.

Recently a SharePoint 2007 server farm I had been working with for some time stopped giving any of my users access. I check IIS and all the premissions were as they should be for all the Web Servers, but any account that could access it the night before stopped working.

Looking at the services in Farm I noticed this error

Windows SharePoint Services Web Application Required on Farm, not running Upgrading

Turns out the solution is a simple bit of command line, but not STSADMIN but psconfig. I wasted some time trying to find the STSADMIN fix.

Well the solution was rather simple,:
  • I just open the CMD command line editor in Windows Server.
  • I used the CD command line to get to the BIN file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN on my machine.
  • Typed the command psconfig -cmd upgrade -force
This then runs for a few minutes and afterwards problem was solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment